Day 5

On Tuesday I returned to the Lodge to do Yoga. This time there were less students than other weeks that I've been to. The instructor dimmed all the lights again and continued our practice from the previous class practicing the breathing. There are students that are new and returning students similar to a community. In this lodge yoga community there are students who actually wants to learn and focused in their practice. When the kitchen staff were being loud, one of the students actually went and told them to quiet down while we were practicing. Doing yoga for me helps me stretch and after stretching I feel relaxed and my body does not feel as tense as I was beforehand. On Thursday my class I practiced Ashtanga with Loren Russo. In the beginning we were taught to inhale from the nose and exhale through the nose. Then we went through different steps of poses. In the beginning it was fast paced but doable. It progressed until we did poses that i couldn't do because i am not flexible, but i did get a good stretch. i cannot do pretzel, crow, handstand, turtle pose. The instructor even tried to help me when i was laying down and trying to reach for my legs, but i couldn't do it. This practice was challenging. 

Comments

  1. ok. good what is here, but WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MORE IN-DEPTH REFLECTION AND ANALYSIS in your posts. :) look to the prompts on the syllabus, but also feel free to stray into your own analysis and impressions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7

Day 4